Tomcat not scanning WEB-INF/Tmp
g***@tiscali.it
2018-11-30 10:06:38 UTC

I have a problem in the start phase of Apache
Tomcat/7.0.90
Inside the folder WEB-INF I have a subfolder called Tmp
(application/WEB-INF/Tmp) where sometimes I put a lot of files and
folders (more then 100.000) and after 24h I clean this folder.
But if in
the meantime I need to restart the application, the restart time
increases a lot (more then 1h) because it scans this Tmp folder
Do you
know a way to prevent the Tomcat from scanning the WEB-INF/Tmp
folder?

Thanks

Con OpenStar hai Giga, SMS e i minuti che vuoi da 4,99€ al mese, per sempre. Cambi gratis quando e come vuoi e in più hai 10€ di credito omaggio e 6 mesi di INFINTY! http://tisca.li/myopen
Johan Compagner
2018-11-30 10:13:15 UTC
Why are you writing stuff in the web app folder?
Problem with this is that the WAR doesn't even need to be extracted
depending on configuration.

I would always try to avoid this and use java's own tmp folder mechanism
for a writeable folder
Does the servlet spec also not have something like this? That you can ask
for a "work" folder?
Hi,
--
Johan Compagner
Servoy
Christopher Schultz
2018-11-30 16:43:15 UTC

Arjuna Bandara
2018-11-30 10:49:22 UTC
Hello,

Hope you are looking for a similar answer like this..
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1489665/is-it-possible-to-turn-off-taglib-scanning-in-tomcat

Regards
Arjuna
Hi,