Tomcat and Blog
Dave
2006-07-23 03:50:28 UTC
I need to add Blog feature into my web application. Is there any blog software that can run inside tomcat? can tomcat support php? Do you have to run Apache for blog?

Thanks!

---------------------------------
Wendy Smoak
2006-07-23 03:56:34 UTC
JSPWiki comes to mind... http://www.jspwiki.org/
--
Wendy

Dave

Nicholas Schuetz
2006-07-23 04:07:02 UTC
Try

http://rollerweblogger.org

You'll like it ;)
Dave
2006-07-23 11:40:03 UTC
Very helpful. That is what I am looking for.

The installation instruction is for Tomcat. I am using JBoss.

For tomcat:
export CATALINA_HOME=/opt/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9

For JBoss, what should it be?

Hopefully I have a Roller WAR file and drop it into deploy directory. Is there an Roller installation instruction for JBoss?

Thanks!

Nicholas Schuetz <***@hellaweb.com> wrote:
Try

http://rollerweblogger.org

You'll like it ;)

Groups are talking. We&acute;re listening. Check out the handy changes to Yahoo! Groups.
Martin Gainty
2006-07-23 13:11:18 UTC
Like putting a Yugo Engine(PHP) in a McLaren(Tomcat)
You have the McLaren sitting in your driveway but someone wants a feature which is currently on the Yugo Engine

spec out what you want...design and architect how it will fit in to your existing environment ..code / stage and test/deploy

This way you sont wont your enterprise to be dragged down by performance issues of a CGI progam/script

As always we are here to help you out along the way..

Martin--
addressed. If you have received this email message in error, please notify
message without making a copy. Thank you.

Wendy Smoak
2006-07-23 04:12:58 UTC
Post by Dave
I could not find anything related to blog from the site. Thanks!
Oops, wrong topic. Okay, try Roller instead:
http://rollerweblogger.org/page/project

Google turns up a few more: http://www.google.com/search?q=java+blog+software
--
Wendy

Dave
2006-07-25 11:10:26 UTC
I downloaded roller and installed into JBoss. It is running.
But I tried to change the language of a weblog to Chinese (locale), but the weblog still showed up in English.

What is the way to change language of weblogs?

Thanks!